Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Social Media Monitoring: Walt Disney on Addict-O-Matic and HowSociable


بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem.. 



Hello there! :)
Last week at the lecture, I learned about the social media monitoring. So, in today's post I'm going to write about applying two social media monitoring tools to one famous organisation that almost every kids love.

Hang on! What is Social Media Monitoring?
 Social media monitoring provides platforms to monitor a company or organisation in how visible they are on social media. It allows the company or organisation to perceive what people are thinking or talking about them in any aspect, on both positive and negative side. The usage of social media monitoring can bring a high impact towards a company or organisation, because they can see which social media is the most active in discussing their brand, so they can enhance the most active one and develop the unactive one at the same period of time.


 










The company for today's role model is The Walt Disney. As for the social media monitoring tools, I'm going to use Addict-O-Matic and HowSociable. This is my first time using these tools, so I will share my experience and analysis of it.


The Walt Disney & Addict-O-Matic
At the very first page of this website, I simply entered the company I wanted to monitor, which is Walt Disney. The result came out in various social media channel discussing about anything related to Walt Disney. Addict-o-matic provided variety of available sources and it allowed me to select which social media to be displayed. Here, I chose Yahoo! News, YouTube, Google Search, and Flickr.

What I like about Addict-o-matic is that it allows me to choose which social media I want to look at. Rather than displaying all the available sources and confusing me, selecting the necessary channels are much simpler. It makes more control in monitoring The Walt Disney. 







The Walt Disney & HowSociable
The second tool performed the same purpose as Addict-O-Matic, but represented in a different way. After I entered "Walt Disney" on the search box, the results were displayed like the following picture. HowSociable used the term "Magnitude" to describe how high the Walt Disney exists in particular social media. Since I didn't have an account, I only got limited social media to be displayed, which are YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+, and Foursquare. 
From these four channels, I knew which one discussed Walt Disney the most, and which one didn't. It displayed the Magnitude in weekly period of time. I could also see the high impact pages, which were the pages that made the biggest influence towards the existence of Walt Disney in social media.





If I worked at The Walt Disney company, I would definitely check these tools out often. It is very beneficial, especially for the marketing aspect.
I could know how effective the marketing strategy is, manage positive and negative discussions towards the company, and save the time and cost of the marketing survey.

However, since I only have limited access for the social media because of the registering issue, if The Walt Disney made an account for these tools and able to see every social media, this company would achieve a big improvement in their marketing and branding of the company.

That is all from me today.
I hope you enjoy it and I appreciate any comment from you :)


Cheers
Della


References:
Addict-o-matic
HowSociable



4 comments:

  1. Nice article! I was used to statistical social media monitoring tools, so the exposition of Addict-o-matic as a tool that find information, rather than comment on the meta of overall information is far more useful I'd imagine, since you get to see what the content is. Do you believe using this tool would make Walt Disney more actively engaged in these particular areas?

    sammacgregor.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!
      Of course it would. Like I've said before, Walt Disney will make a huge advantage with these tools. They can monitor their existence in every social media, and they can easily track which one is the most active.
      thanks for your comment! :D

      Delete
  2. Hi Della nice post you have here

    I am confused on how does the magnitude score works, like what is the standard of a good score? Thank you

    Visit my Blog if you are free www.stamparade.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!
      According to HowSociable, the magnitude scale is from 0 to 10. There is no explanation on the website about the standard of a good score, but it is said that the closer the magnitude to 10, the better the brand or company is actively searched and recognized in social media.
      I hope it helps.
      Thank you :D

      Delete